Welcome to Baltimore DUI Attorney
If you or a loved one has been arrested for driving under the influence in Baltimore or the surrounding areas, be sure to seek proper legal representation. Maryland has some strict DWI/DUI laws and a drunk driving charge is not a light matter. It can result in numerous life-changing events that could severely impact your future.
Why Hire The Best DWI Lawyer for Your Case?
A DWI, or better known as driving under the influence or driving with impairment, is an illegal act which may have numerous consequences when committed in the state of Maryland. It is punishable by law and can have certain legal implications which may vary depending on the type of DUI and its severity.
When suspected to be driving under the influence, a police officer will ask you to pull over, read you your rights and will ask implied consent to submit to chemical blood alcohol concentration (BAC) testing.
The law in the state of Maryland has certain BAC limits, administrative licensing suspension code, Ignition Interlock Device requirements, and much more. It is critical that you know certain laws in Maryland regarding DUI or are aware of the Transportation Code in the city; otherwise, the best DUI lawyer in Baltimore could come in handy to help shed some light for you.
What are the possible consequences of DUI?
Experiencing a charge for driving under the influence is one of the most pressing cases a person might experience in Maryland. According to Maryland.gov, every 58 hours a person gets killed by a drunk driver. So, when you are suspected of driving under the influence and are pulled over by a police officer, you may be asked (implied consent) to take a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test. Now, there are several things that may happen in result to this:
- If a driver consents to a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test and have or have exceeded the BAC of 0.08 for the first time, the police officer can issue you a 45-day temporary suspension of your license. Otherwise, for second and subsequent offense, the police officer can issue up to 90-day suspension of driving privileges.
- If a driver consents to a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test and have or have exceeded the BAC of 0.15, the police officer can issue a 90-day suspension of license for the first offense, or a 180-day suspension of driving privileges for the second or subsequent offense.
- If a driver consents to a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test and have or have exceeded the BAC of 0.08 and was was involved in a motor vehicle accident that resulted in the death of another person, he or she can have his or her driving privileges suspended for 6 months, for a first offense; up to 1 year for a second and subsequent offense.
- If a driver consents to a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test and have or have exceeded the BAC of 0.15 and was involved in a motor vehicle accident that resulted in the death of another person, he or she can have his or her driving privileges suspended for 1 year for a first offense. However, for a second or subsequent offense, he or she can be revoked of his driving privileges altogether.
- Furthermore, a driver could get a point deduction of 8 up to 12 points against his or her license, a possible fine of $500 to $1000, or more; serve jail time of 2 months up to 3 years; followed by a mandatory period of suspension; and to such extent, may also be required to participate in the Ignition Interlock Program.
How important is getting the best legal representation?
Do you know that you can actually refuse the preliminary blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test while still on the road? The officer should be able to explain to you that there are no legal consequences in refusing to do so, and they are simply asking for your consent to a BAC test. With no implied consent, no BAC test should be administered.
Now, this and many more points of legal defense could be yours when you get the best Baltimore DUI lawyer. It’s important that you are well-guided on the possible charges you will be facing and that you have someone to help you through it and ensure you are fully aware of your legal rights. These rights are very important, and could help you avoid a long taxing process toward achieving your desired legal results.
What a winning attorney can do for you
Your legal representation might be able to get you the outcome that you wished for yourself since the time you got pulled over and became charged with drunk driving, or driving under the influence of illegal substances. A comprehensive knowledge in the laws of Maryland is one key factor that your ideal law firm must have to strive to give you successful and effective defense. Not to mention, your chosen legal practitioner must have a keen attention to detail, to help protect you from potential serious legal consequences.
It is definitely not an easy thing to being faced with a legal problem like this, and with all the confusion this may have caused, wondering how and what you must do in this trying time. Hire a good lawyer in Baltimore to help fight for you.
When can I call the Baltimore DUI Lawyer?
Call immediately! There is unquestionably no time to waste when you get arrested for DUI. The legal consequences of drunk driving could be long-lasting and detrimental, so it is best to speak to a Baltimore law firm right away, to help you make the right decisions as soon as possible.
Calling a legal practitioner might help reduce your chances of distress from possible harsh consequences. Do not go to court alone. As soon as you can, get the assistance you need so that you’re getting help with mitigating the possible consequences or charges you could be facing today.